07 · 10 · 2021
With roots from simplicity, scientifically measurable results, and classic design, our nominee takes a significant part of the buzzing global trends Scandi Beauty and Nordic Skinimalism.
Verso Skincare has been awarded Beauty Icon of the Year by Nordiska Kompaniet in Sweden.
We're both honored and thrilled to announce that we won the category "Beauty Icon of the Year" at Nordiska Kompaniet Gala 2021.
The full motivation read: "With roots from simplicity, scientifically measurable results, and classic design, our nominee takes a significant part of the buzzing global trends Scandi Beauty and Nordic Skinimalism. Next to IKEA, Volvo, and Spotify- our most beautiful, successful export has not only solved the code of how to offer Retinol without unwanted side effects but also how to establish a brand that goes beyond age and gender."
Thank you to all who voted. It wouldn't have been possible without you.
Next to IKEA, Volvo, and Spotify- our most beautiful, successful export has not only solved the code of how to offer Retinol without unwanted side effects but also how to establish a brand that goes beyond age and gender.
We had the opportunity to have a conversation with Maria Ahlgren, Beauty Editor and a part of the jury at the NK Gala 2021, about skincare and the upcoming trends within the industry, and ask her for some personal recommendations.
- I remember that moment clearly! It was during Stockholm Fashion Week 2013 at the Dagmar show. At the time, I was a Beauty Editor at BON. When I arrived to show, there was a goodie bag at my seat, including a product from the new Retinol brand, Verso Skincare. I remember how I wrote the article "Verso reverses time". The minimalistic and non-gender design was something unique.
- As I'm the author of two books discussing the relationship between food, and its various nutrients and skin health, that will be my answer. What you store in the kitchen is just as important as what you store in the bathroom to optimize the skin's essential function.
I think you should invest both in what you eat and but also in what you include in your skincare routine – that is what will make for magical results!
- It's like liquid yoga for the skin! My skin tends to be slightly red, and this serum visibly evens out my skin tone immediately. It also keeps the skin hydrated and soft in a way that really makes a difference - especially during the colder months. My skin loves the combination of Niacinamide and Oat Lipids!
- Verso early understood the importance of including everyone, regardless of gender, identity, or age. That is a game-changer. I'm so tired of skincare that is gender-coded or screaming "anti-aging". As the ingredient nerd I am- I love the Retinol 8 focus and the scientifically proven ingredients. The products do really work – looking in the mirror, you can clearly see the difference.
- Don't get stuck on influencer recommendations and order everything you see in their feed. It is REALLY important that you buy skincare for your skin's needs. How is your skin feeling today, and how do you want it to feel? There are very few quick fixes out there; long-term skin health requires a routine that you can maintain every day. Remember that the skin is affected by factors such as stress, food, and sleep. Have a holistic mindset and see the skin as part of the whole organism that you and your body are.
Choose skincare products you can use every day suitable for your needs, rather than overcrowding your shelves with popular products that you mix wildly.
I have five components that I always use in my daily routine: a cleanser, Vitamin C in the morning, and SPF every day. Retinol in the evening, and lots of moisture—and a peel a few times a week.
- Oh, that's a difficult question – I would want everything! But, my absolute favorites are the Hydration Serum, Daily Glow (incredible glow!), Super Eye Serum, and Nourishing Cream. Antioxidant Serum is also a big favorite of mine. And, of course, the Super Facial Serum.
- Increased awareness about overconsumption, and therefore, more minimalistic approach and individualized skincare routines. I think that there will be more and more focus on the microbiome. Lastly, how the skin is connected to how we feel mentally!
- Start slowly - first twice a week, then add and additional one day per week until you are up to full speed. You should always follow the instructions on the packaging - applying several pumps is rarely recommended. I notice that my Instagram followers are reluctant to try Retinol – they think it's a much bigger deal than it actually is. It's unfair to Retinol, in my opinion!
Today we have outstanding formulations that won't irritate or dehydrate the skin if you use them correctly. On the contrary - Vitamin A will strengthen the skin. But if you have a very dry skin, you could always try something we call "a smörgås (sandwich) layering" in Sweden. Start with a layer of a moisturizer, then add Retinol, and lastly a moisturizer on the top. And of course, you must apply your sunscreen!